Statement of Faith
1. WE BELIEVE the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God (2 Timothy 3:15; 2 Peter 1:21).
2. WE BELIEVE that there is one God, Creator of the heavens and the earth (Genesis 1:1), eternally existent in three persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30).
3. WE BELIEVE in the deity of Christ (Isaiah 9:6, John 1:1-14, John 10:33, John 14:9); His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35); His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; Hebrews 7:26); His miracles (John 2:11); His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9); His resurrection (John 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:4; Peter 1:3-4; Revelation 1:18) His Ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19); and His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11).
4. WE BELIEVE that “God said, ‘Let Us make man in Our image according to Our likeness... So God created man in His own image... male and female He created them.” Every human life is designed by God before conception, “being yet unformed” (Genesis 1:26-27, Psalm 139:16).
5. WE BELIEVE that life begins at conception as every person is “made in secret,” with sacred infinite value, being “fearfully and wonderfully made” by our Creator. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death (Psalm 139:13-16). Because of the sacred value of each human life, our loving God demands, “... do not kill the innocent and righteous” (Genesis 1:26-27; Exodus 20:13; Exodus 23:7).
6. WE BELIEVE that it is not the divinely intended prerogative of people who are created by God to redefine His creation of humankind as being other than male and female. Regarding God’s creation of male and female, Jesus said, “Therefore, what God has joined together, let not man separate.” Redefinition of genders is contrary to God’s will as expressed in the Bible, given that men and women are both intended by God to reflect His image and nature. Marriage involving both genders is also a biblical type of Christ as the groom and the Church as His pure bride (Matthew 19:4-6; Matthew 25:1- 13; Revelation 22:17).
7. WE BELIEVE in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature; and that people are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ; and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone are we saved; and that “there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved” other than the name of Jesus Christ (John 3:16-19; John 5:24; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; Romans 5:8-9; Romans 10:9-10; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5; 1 John 1:9; Revelation 3:20).
8. WE BELIEVE that every person should “love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength... and your neighbor as yourself.” Accordingly, Christians are to afford every person love, compassion, kindness, respect, and dignity regardless of differences involving beliefs, cultures, or status (Matthew 22:31; Mark 12:12-28; Luke 10:27; John 3:17; Galatians 5:22-23; Philippians 2:3; James 2:1-13).
9. WE BELIEVE in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life and that the spiritual unity of all believers exists as one in our Father God and our Lord Jesus Christ (John 17:20-23; Romans 8:9; Romans 8:13-14; 1 Corinthians 3:16; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20; 1 Corinthians 12:12-13; Galatians 3:26-28; Ephesians 2:8-9; Ephesians 4:30; Ephesians 5:18).
10. WE BELIEVE in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life; and they that are lost unto the resurrection of condemnation (John 5:28-29; Revelation 20:12-15).